A successful kiosk project involves more than just a good-looking kiosk, which is why Rhxo offers a full suite of kiosk-related services in addition to our attractive kiosk models. Our Secure Kiosk Operating System works with a kiosk/computer’s OS to handle the many unique challenges that are inherent in the operation of a computer-based system in a public environment. With these challenges in mind, our designers have focused on building up Secure Kiosk Operating System’s main strengths in the areas of:
- Helps ensure maximum up-time in unsupervised locations with automatic recovery from the ‘crashes’ that inevitably occur from Internet usage
- Blocks invasive Windows key combination
- Blocks access to the Operating System
- Provides Web site filtering, so that a customer can restrict the Web-based content that end-users can view
- Runs regular automated maintenance routines to clear cache and free up system resources for optimum kiosk performance
- Supports MS Internet Explorer
- Supports of all standard web plug ins
- Features hardware independence, so users can add additional hardware as needed
- Supports execution of 3rd party applications
- Provides Video Email client
- Features time-triggered attract modes
- Features a Graphic User Interface that is very flexible and can be designed with a variety of images/layouts to suit a corporate identity and/or vertical market
- Helps extend client branding.
- Can contain unlimited button, banner, browser objects with links to HTML content
- Allows for remote updating of ‘personalities’ to change the ‘look and feel’ of the Secure Kiosks Operating System interface when necessary
- Features event monitoring to ensure kiosks are continually live and operational
- Provides tools for analyzing log files for comprehensive reporting of device usage, sites browsed etc.
- Allows large-scale deployments (>1000) to integrate with industry-standard enterprise management systems
Of the many important steps that go into a successful kiosk project, one of the most important and under-appreciated is post-installation support/maintenance. A kiosk rollout is an ongoing project, and keeping your kiosks up-and-running and up-to-date can be a challenge, especially when your kiosks are in multiple locations.
To meet this challenge, Rhxo offers Rhxomat™, a service suite that provides:
- Health Monitoring
- Usage Reporting
- Content Management
Rhxomat runs on Rhxo’s servers and communicates directly with your kiosks via the Internet. With Rhxomat, you can easily access important real-time information about your kiosks from any computer via our secure Rhxomat portal.
Rhxomat enables you to:
- Know if your kiosks are functioning properly, without leaving your desk
- Generate reports on kiosk usage, which provide valuable feedback on the success of your kiosk project
- Quickly & easily update your kiosk content
- Exert greater control over your kiosk network
- Rest easier
We think you’ll find Rhxomat to be an integral part of your kiosk plans.
Kiosks are only useful if they’re working properly. But how do you keep them up & running? Well, knowing is half the battle. Far too often, a kiosk may sit for days before you find out that it isn’t working, or that it’s run out of paper – and this is especially true if you’ve deployed kiosks in multiple locations. With Rhxomat, you’ll always know the status of your kiosks. No more wondering, no more unnecessary downtime.
You can log into the Rhxomat portal at any time and view the current status for all your kiosks. Rhxomat will also automatically alert you if an issue arises. For example, if one of your kiosks becomes unplugged, or one of your kiosk printers runs low on paper, an automatic message will be sent to you and/or your colleagues, via your choice of communication (e-mail, page, SMS). Rhxomat monitors both the overall health of a kiosk along with that of individual components (computer, touch screen, printer, bill acceptor, etc), which provides an important level of detail when issues arise.
Standard remote monitoring services typically track kiosk operational status, detect basic errors like paper outages, and send automated alerts. Rhxomat is more advanced that other remote monitoring products because:
- Peripherals are monitored at the device level – Rhxomat provides in-depth peripheral support. For example, Rhxomat detects the following thermal printer issues: low paper, out of paper, paper jam, print head temperature, etc.
- Alerts are generated by priority – For example, a “low paper” alert may be set up to generate an e-mail, while an “out of paper” alert may be set up to trigger a more immediate reaction.
Rhxo utilizes Rhxomat to proactively monitor your kiosk network, assess general kiosk health, check memory and hard drive capacity, and ensure that all systems are functioning correctly. This way, problems are either detected right away or before they happen, maximizing up time.
Once their kiosk network is up & running, customers often wonder how many people use their kiosks, and what specific content they access on the kiosks. This information normally isn’t easy to get, yet it’s often crucial for assessing the success of a kiosk project and justifying a full roll-out following a pilot project.
Rhxomat greatly simplifies this process by gathering kiosk usage data, storing it on Rhxo’s servers, and making it available to you via the web-based Rhxomat portal. You can log on at any time and generate real-time usage reports for your entire kiosk network, groups of kiosks, or specific kiosks. Specific Rhxomat reports include:
- Most Requested Pages
- Least Requested Pages
- Session Information
- User Session Activity By Hour
- User Session Activity By Day
- User Session Activity By Month
- Domain Activity
- Summary Information
At some point, you will need to update your kiosk content. If you have one kiosk located in your lobby, this may be easy. However, updating kiosk content is much more challenging when maintaining multiple kiosks in multiple locations. At this point, it becomes impractical to manually update each kiosk.
Thankfully, Rhxomat makes content management much easier. As part of our Rhxomat service, Rhxo provides a conduit for transferring and receiving kiosk files/commands. When you want to update your kiosk content (a banner ad, for example), you can log into the Rhxomat portal, access your kiosks’ content settings, upload your content change, and schedule it to be sent to your kiosks.
Rhxomat’s flexibility allows you to schedule content changes at specific times, or send content changes to select kiosks within your kiosk network. Using Rhxomat’s administration tools, you can organize your kiosks by groups and subgroups (such as by geographic region or by category), and make selective content changes as needed. For example, with Rhxomat:
- A retail chain can send a new banner ad to all music department kiosks in the Northeast
- A bank can schedule rate changes to be sent to all of their kiosks on a particular date/time
- A corporate HR department can change kiosk settings at a specific manufacturing facility
Overall, Rhxomat’s content management capabilities enable you to keep your kiosks relevant and up to date, while minimizing your cost/effort.